By: Sharon Aron Baron
Raising over one million dollars for cancer research, volunteer organization Not My Daughter…find a cure now! is marking their 10th anniversary at their annual luncheon and boutique.
Held October 28, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., proceeds from the event benefit Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, PAP Corps: Champions for Cancer Research, and other cancer research-based organizations, as well as the Not My Daughter Healing Center at newly opened Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at Plantation.
A tradition in Parkland and Coral Springs for a decade, Not My Daughter…find a cure now! has been known for its ability to bring together generations for a common purpose. This year they are bringing Broadway talent performing at the annual event, themed “Be Our Guest.” This year’s entertainment will be
Sarah Elizabeth Litzsinger, who is the longest-running Belle on Broadway, Jacquelyn Piro Donovan, the only actress to play both Cosette and Fantine in Les Miserables and Burke Moses, who played the original Gaston in Beauty and the Beast.
The event expects 500 participants of all ages coming together to enjoy a day of entertainment, shopping at the popular 40 vendor shopping boutique, Silent and Chinese auctions, raffle prizes, and enjoying the company of friends.
“We are so honored and motivated by the outpouring of support for Not My Daughter…find a cure now! The 10th Annual Not My Daughter signature event is an opportunity for our community to come together in a fun way and help make a difference in the fight against breast cancer,” said Denyse Hostig, founder and co-chairwoman.
The volunteer-run group has solidified its place in the community, growing in numbers and establishing a Teen Advisory Group. They have held tennis round robins, sold merchandise, and participated in community activities, in addition to the signature annual shopping boutique and luncheon event.
The 10th Annual Shopping Boutique and Luncheon for Not My Daughter…find a cure now! will be held at the Marriott Hotel Heron Bay 11775 Heron Bay Boulevard, Coral Springs, FL.
Tickets are $100 per person or $125 for VIPink (includes gift). For tickets, go to www.notmydaughter.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors
- News2021.01.20Babies at Northwest Women’s Center Ready to Rumble During Playoffs