By Jill Fox
Dive into the new school year with a fun-filled water event overflowing with excitement.
The free Parkland celebration will be held on Saturday, September 14, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at the Equestrian Center and have many water-themed activities, including ten giant inflatables, music, games, crafts and more.
With water slides, water balloon battlegrounds and slip ‘n slides, kids will get wet. Residents should wear bathing suits and bring towels for fun in the sun.
Mayor Christine Hunschofsky said, “Parkland’s Back to School Splash Bash is one of our fun and family-oriented events that give students and families the opportunity to connect and celebrate the beginning of the school year.”
In addition to local school participation and over twenty sponsor tents, residents can enjoy activities, food trucks and plenty of photo opportunities.
New this year, a mermaid meet and greet is sure to entice the young princesses of Parkland.
Parks and Recreation Special Events Coordinator, Alexandra Valle, who organized the event, said her favorite part. other than the planning is seeing all the kids have a great time with their old and new friends from school.
“School has already started, and they’ve had a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things, and now they can come celebrate the new school year with all of their friends and families.”
For any updates, cancellations or postponing of events due to weather or other issues, call 954-757-4215.
Parkland’s Back to School Splash Bash will take place at the Equestrian Center at Temple Park, 8350 Ranch Road.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.10.22Meet Joe Scott: Army Captain and Candidate for Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.10.22Parkland Names ‘Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Day’ at Meeting
- News2020.10.21Samantha Novick Receives LifeChanger Award Live from WPLG
- News2020.10.21Congregation Kol Tikvah Aims to Bring Disney-Style Fun to Parkland