By Sharon Aron Baron
Enjoy a chance to marvel at the beauty of the delicate and graceful orchid during the Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital 4th Annual Orchid & Plant Festival in Coral Springs.
Held on Saturday, December 5, and Sunday, 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the Center expects more than 20 orchid, plant, and garden art vendors to attend this year.
Having rescheduled the April event due to COVID restrictions, attendees will be able to safely enjoy this open-air event while observing COVID protocols. Vendors will be spaced out across the nature center property, sanitizing stations will be available, and masks must be worn at all times.
Admission is $7 and included with it, visitors will also be able to see some of the nature center’s fascinating wildlife ambassadors in the exhibit area and walk-thru aviary, plus visit a live apiary.
All proceeds will benefit the Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital, which provides environmental education programs focused on South Florida’s unique, fragile Everglades and its many resident species. The wildlife hospital also provides expert rehabilitative care to over 900 injured and orphaned native wildlife annually at no cost to the public.
For more information, visit www.sawgrassnaturecenter.org. The Orchid & Plant Festival is held at 3000 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10