By Jill Fox
A Parkland fourth-grade teacher whose classroom is decorated in a Disney motif was nominated for Broward County Schools Gifted Teacher of the Year.
“I’m a huge Disney fan — it really makes my creative side come out,” said Natalie Lubinger, who once worked at the Disney Store at Coral Square Mall.
A teacher for 28 years at Broward County Public Schools –mostly for gift students, Lubinger is highly respected and loved for her dedication to the Riverglades community.
Principal Jo-Anne Misiewicz Seltzer said Lubinger builds positive and trusting relationships with her students and their families.
“Mrs. Lubinger is one of the many outstanding gifted teachers at Riverglades Elementary, and she goes above and beyond to challenge and meet the needs of her students,” she said.
Lubinger moved to Coral Springs at the age of 11 and has called Riverglades Elementary home for eight years. Her husband, Robert, is a driver engineer with Coral Springs Fire Station 64, and they have two daughters who also attend the school — Katyelynn in fifth-grade and Kara in third.
Lubinger said Riverglads Elementary was first-rate on every level.
“I’m blessed to work with such amazing teachers and staff.”
She found out about the nomination after receiving an invitation from the Broward Gifted Advisory Council that four parents had nominated her.
In the virtual awards ceremony, which took place November 26, Lubinger did not win but felt honored regardless.
“That the parents try to get you recognized for being the kind of teacher that you are — that means more to me than anything else,” she said.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer