By: Matt Rothman
With high school basketball and soccer season over, student-athletes from Marjory Stoneman Douglas were selected to play in showcases.
Demarius Summers and Jhlaen Phang of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas were selected for the Sixth Annual Sunshine State Premier Senior Games in Fort Lauderdale on March 12.
These two players led MSD to a record 19-8 and helped them reach the final of the District Tournament. They also competed in Regionals before falling against Deerfield Beach High School. Summers led the team with points and 11.5 rebounds per game, while Phang chipped in 13 and had 3.5 steals.
The MSD boys soccer team had three players selected into the BCAA All-Star Game in Bloomsburg signee and leading scorer Tomer Yair, Joaquin Gonzalez, and Shadi Buchanan. The Eagles went 11-4-3 and reached Regionals this past season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.182 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Place Third in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Water Polo Closes Regular Season With Senior Night
- News2023.03.17MSD Graduate Jesus Luzardo Records Win for Team Venezuela in World Baseball Classic
- News2023.03.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Basketball Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game