By: Matt Rothman
With high school basketball and soccer season over, student-athletes from Marjory Stoneman Douglas were selected to play in showcases.
Demarius Summers and Jhlaen Phang of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas were selected for the Sixth Annual Sunshine State Premier Senior Games in Fort Lauderdale on March 12.
These two players led MSD to a record 19-8 and helped them reach the final of the District Tournament. They also competed in Regionals before falling against Deerfield Beach High School. Summers led the team with 18.1 points and 11.5 rebounds per game, while Phang chipped in 13 and had 3.5 steals.
The MSD boys soccer team had three players selected into the BCAA All-Star Game in Bloomsburg signee and leading scorer Tomer Yair, Joaquin Gonzalez, and Shadi Buchanan. The Eagles went 11-4-3 and reached Regionals this past season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Westglades Cross Country Dominate in Week 4 Meet
- NewsSeptember 25, 2023Roman Anthony Named Boston Red Sox Minor League Player of the Year
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast