By Sharon Aron Baron
Introducing the lovable duo Baloo and Tristan, two delightful pets looking for loving homes to call their own at the Humane Society of Broward County.
Baloo (ID A668749), a spirited and robust young dog just over a year old, weighing 72 pounds, is anything but intimidating. During a recent photo session, Baloo proved himself to be photogenic and impressively well-behaved, obediently responding to commands such as “sit” and “give paw.”
Baloo is not content with a single paw but is happy to offer up the other if prompted. He might even engage in a bit of friendly conversation, hoping for a toss of the ball for him to chase with delight.
Baloo’s compatibility with other dogs and cats is yet to be discovered, but a meet-and-greet can easily be arranged if another dog is part of the prospective home.
His enthusiasm sometimes leads him to pull on the leash, but only his eagerness for adventure shines through.
Thanks to Dolly’s Dream, Baloo’s adoption fee is already covered, and he comes with a selection of goodies to help him settle into his new home.
Tristan (ID 670065) is ready to capture hearts in a different corner of the kennel.
At a tender 15 weeks old, Tristan is eager to grow and mature in caring for a loving family. The volunteers and staff at the Humane Society of Broward County have entertained Tristan. Still, he yearns for a family of his own, ideally one ready to shower him with delightful toys and delicious treats. Who could resist fulfilling Tristan’s adorable wish?
The Humane Society of Broward County, located at 2070 Griffin Road, Fort Lauderdale, invites potential adopters to complete a pre-adoption application at www.humanebroward.com.
Afterward, individuals are welcome to stop by and meet Baloo, Tristan, and their fellow pets seeking loving homes. The adoption kennels open daily at 11 a.m. but are closed on July 4.
If anyone has questions, they can call 954-989-3977 ext. 6. If adoption is not an option, the Humane Society encourages spreading the word about these fantastic pets patiently waiting for their second chance at love and family.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsOctober 1, 2023State Rep Hunschofsky Discusses Breast Cancer Awareness, Mental Health Support
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Revamp Your Children’s Fall Wardrobes: Sustainable Fashion Event Offers 90% Off
- NewsSeptember 28, 2023Vandalism Escalates to Dangerous Levels at Parkland Residence
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Representative Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Town Hall in Parkland