By: Matt Rothman
On Tuesday, it was another terrific performance from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys golf team, winning the District Championship at Deer Creek Golf Club.
The Eagles defeated Spanish River Community High School by one stroke in a competition that consisted of five different schools and a pair of teams that competed individually in Deerfield Beach and Monarch High School.
MSD had four golfers place in the top-15 overall, led by Andres Barraza, who shot a 71 (-1) to come in the first place. He was the lone golfer to shoot under par in the tournament.
Dylan Marrone finished five shots back to come in fourth, while T.J. Thompson and Jayden Thuraisingham recorded a 79 and 80, respectively. Ryan Shimony was the fifth Eagle to compete and finished in 21st place.
Head Coach Ernie Rospierski felt his team did well enough to win despite the greens playing really tough but knows his team will have to perform even better at Regionals with an even more challenging field.
They will get their next chance on Monday, November 1, in Regionals at Osprey Point Golf Course in Boca Raton.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Team Wins 1st Tournament
- News2021.12.07Parkland Pokers Baseball Team 13U Wins 2nd Championship in 4 Weeks
- News2021.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Wins 1st Game of Season
- News2021.12.06Former MLB Champion Juan Pierre Set to Coach Parkland Pokers 10U