By: Matt Rothman
Before the match, the Cougars recognized Odyssey Soto, Joshua Hernandez, Hamesh Khailoo, Jason Douglas, Kananris Johnson, and Moise Alexis.
Coconut Creek pulled out their most dramatic victory, winning in five sets. The Cougars fell in the first set but responded by taking a 2-1 lead. Coconut Creek dropped the fourth but rallied to win 15-9 in the fifth set.
They previously started the season 3-0 with wins over Coral Springs Charter, Nova, and Mirmar before beating Plantation High School and Franklin Academy in March.
Next, the Cougars will head onto the road on Thursday, April 7, to face Deerfield Beach High School. This year, the Bucks are 4-3 and defeated Plantation High School in three sets in their last match.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship