By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents have an opportunity to interact with advocacy groups and local leaders to learn more effective ways create change in the community and in government.
Called the Public Advocacy Exposition, representatives from Broward County Public Schools, Broward Sheriff’s Office, Congressman Ted Deutch, State Senator Kevin Rader and Rep Jared Moskowitz office will be on hand to answer questions.
Parents from Parkland and Coral Springs are invited to also learn more about local organizations including: SOS Parkland, Safe Schools for Alex and 2-1-1 Broward. Additionally, there will be a short presentation by the The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Victims Steering Committee.
“We know of no other event bringing such a wide array of both government and private organizations together in one place at one time,” said Chairman Evan Wolk.
The event, hosted by the Parkland Chamber of Commerce, will be held for one evening only on June 5, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Parkland P-REC Center at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.16FSU College of Medicine Holds Virtual Summer Institute for High School Students
- Events2021.01.15Parkland Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with Special Tribute
- Crime & Safety2021.01.14Parkland Crime Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.13Bill Filed to Rename Conservation Area in Memory of Environmental Champion Kristin Jacob