By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida could be hosting the most satisfying 5K around — participants who finish are gifted with a free box of delicious Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.
The annual Thin Mint Sprint 5K at Tradewinds Park in Coconut Creek is held on Sunday, March 8 and not only do participants get a box of cookies and a finisher’s medal, they also get the satisfaction of supporting the organization’s mission in helping build girl’s courage, confidence, and character.
To be included again this year will be a Tagalong Trot for kids eight-years-old and under. There will also be awards in many different age categories, and music, face-painting, and more.
This event is open to the public and everyone of all ages is welcome and encouraged to attend, and participants do not need to be affiliated with Girl Scouts.
Last year, the top finisher was Kayla Sanseverino, 17, of Parkland, an Ambassador Girl Scout.
Sponsoring the event this year are Presenting Sponsor: Publix Super Markets Charities, Major Sponsors: Duffy’s Foundation, Truly Nolen Pest Control, Supporting Sponsors: Easy 93.1 WFEZ, Sleep Number, and Media Sponsors: 97.9 WRMF, Sunny 107.9
Tradewinds Park is located at 3600 W Sample Rd, Coconut Creek.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.11.20Pets of the Week: Papo and Roxy are Looking for their Forever Families
- News2021.11.17Parkland Farmers’ Market is Back with Over 100 Vendors and Crafts
- News2021.11.15Group of Heron Bay Homeowners Files Lawsuit to Stop Commercial Development on Former Golf Course
- News2021.11.12Parkland Man Operates a Multi-Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme Alleges Attorneys, Victims