By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Greater Broward Chapter of The Pap Corps will hold its annual fundraiser Yoga for Hope and Healing, which will provide much-needed fundraising for cancer research at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami.
Held on March 8 at 10 a.m. at the Wyndham Hotel Boca Raton, this event will be led by yoga instructor Lisa Ponczek. In addition to yoga, there will be shopping and raffles. This is one of many fundraisers held during the calendar year to help raise funds for the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, is one of the largest grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 21,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Since 1952, The Pap Corps has donated almost $60 million.
The Greater Broward Chapter itself has contributed over to $200,000 since its inception. In 2010, the Greater Broward Chapter was started with approximately 20 members. During the past six years, membership has increased by more than 900 percent as the chapter expanded its membership to over 250 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs, and Coconut Creek area. Current annual membership fees are $40.00, with additional opportunities to participate in annual fundraising events.
The Yoga & Shopping Boutique will be held at the Wyndham Hotel 2nd Floor Ballroom 1950 Glades Rd in Boca Raton, FL 33431. For tickets, Go to the Greater Pap Corps.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.09.16911 Dispatcher Recognized After Saving Life of Parkland Woman
- News2021.09.15Selection Committee Chooses Developer for Former Heron Bay Golf Course
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Hold 20th Commemoration Ceremony for 9/11