By Sharon Aron Baron
The Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida seek nominations of inspirational women in Broward County who will be honored at their fifth annual Girl Scouts Lead the Way luncheon.
Held on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at the Signature Grand in Davie, nominees should be female leaders in their industry, be role models for today’s girls and embody the characteristics of a G.I.R.L. — Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, and Leader.
In September 2020, then-Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky was one of the honorees at a virtual event.
This year, five honorees will be selected and presented with awards at the luncheon.
Nomination submissions are due no later than Thursday, June 17, 2021. Previous experience as a Girl Scout is not required. Nominees must be available to attend the luncheon on Tuesday, September 14, to be eligible and honorees will receive a complimentary ticket to the event.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida serves more than 8,000 girls in Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee Counties.
Submissions can be made through the online nomination form at Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.12Parkland Brings “Moana” to Free Movies in the Park Night
- News2021.06.09University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.09Parkland Resident and Co-Owner of Doris Italian Market Wins Triathlon
- News2021.06.05Girl Scouts Thank the Community in the Most Generous Way: With Cookies