By: Matt Rothman
It has been an incredible season for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Kyanne Meredith, who topped it off by tying her personal best in the pole vault in her first trip to the State Championship in Gainsville on Saturday.
The junior will still have one more year left on the varsity track and field team and hopes to return States for a second straight season.
“I am so proud of Kyanne, ‘said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “She worked patiently all year as the first few meets did not offer pole vaulting and her determination and dedication paid off with her first trip to states. Kyanne constantly was at practice early and staying late perfecting her craft.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.07.01Pitcher Christian Rodriguez Selected to League Event for Top 100 Players
- News2022.06.262 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Players Selected to Futures All-Star Game
- News2022.06.266 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Players Receive Conference Awards
- News2022.06.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagles Receive 4 Major Baseball Awards