By Sharon Aron Baron
The man arrested for running away on foot after a traffic stop may have had several reasons to flee — one of them was to stay out of jail.
On August 22, Shain Mills, 29, was taken into custody after running from the Broward Sheriff’s Office after a traffic stop in the Heron Bay community.
Units from Tamarac and North Lauderdale, along with K-9 and aviation, assisted Parkland deputies searching for the suspect in the northern part of the community.
Mills was located a little over an hour later. He is charged with attempting to flee the police. Other charges include possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of cocaine, possession of 20 grams or less of cannabis, and drug paraphernalia possession. In 2018 he was charged grand theft of a firearm, possession of cocaine, possess w/intent sell, manufacture or deliver heroin.
He is being held at the main jail with no bond.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.29Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event