By Jill Fox
Around 4:30 P.M. on Saturday, residents expressed concern on social media after hearing sirens and a helicopter circling the northwestern portion of Parkland.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, deputies were conducting a routine traffic stop inside of the Heron Bay community when the driver exited his vehicle and ran away on foot.
Units from Tamarac and North Lauderdale along with K-9 and aviation assisted Parkland deputies in searching for the male suspect.
The suspect was located a little over an hour later and taken into custody.
“We appreciate the cooperation of our Heron Bay residents,” said BSO Captain Chris Mulligan, “Deputies worked quickly to resolve the problem and minimize any disruption to the community.”
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer