By: Matt Rothman
The successful run of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls cross country team continued at the BCAA Meet #4.
On Tuesday, at Tradewinds Park, the Eagles finished first place, defeating Deerfield Beach and Coral Springs High School —moving to 15-1 this season.
“The girls won, and it was due to a phenomenal performance from the freshman girls during a hot and grueling race,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “They really pushed through and carried us to a big win.”
Individually, Devyn Sanders finished the race in fifth place with a time of 24:02.08. She was followed by teammate Julianna Couch, 7th, Grace Mackenzie, 9th, and Taylor Woonton, 10th.
The Eagles also had three other runners finish right outside the top-20. Morgan Melchiorri came in 17th, followed by Bianca Gonzalez and Gabrielle Fisher with a team score of 2:09.46, nearly two minutes faster than CSHS.
MSD will next be in action on Wednesday, October 6, when they face off at Markham Park in Sunrise.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.19Westglades Middle School Girls Golf Team Wins MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Advances to District Championship
- News2021.10.18Westglades Middle School Scores Girls Soccer Scores 8 Goals to Win MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Team Wins Playoff Opener