By: Matt Rothman
It was a terrific start for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls cross country team, finishing in first place in their first BCAA meet of the season.
The Eagles competed against West Broward, Blanche Ely, Everglades, Miramar, Pembroke Pines Charter, J.P. Taravella, and Western High School. MSD finished with a score of 25 to come in first place at Markham Park in Sunrise.
Individually, senior Devyn Sanders came in first place with a time of 22.53. Julianna Couch finished second place while Mogan Melchiorri, Taylor Wooten, and Arianna Abreu placed in the top ten.
“I am very proud of the work ethic our runners have put in all summer heading into the season,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro. “We have an excellent base for the season, and now we need to focus on maximizing our workouts so we can reach our goal of making it to the state championship this year.”
Up next, the Eagles will be back in action on Saturday, September 18, at South Country Park in Boca Raton.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended