By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles were crowned District Champions as MSD improved their incredible record to 22-2 this year with the win.
The Eagles started out of the gate early, scoring a pair of runs in the first inning. Jake Clemente had a two-run double to score Santiago Ordonez and Gavin Conticello.
In the second, both Rolando Lujo and Conticello hit sacrifice fly’s to double the lead before Ordonez plated a pair with a triple to make it 6-0. Then Clemente drove in two more runs in the fourth with his second hit of the game to make it 8-0.
MSD went on to end the game in five innings as Conticello hit a walk-off three-run double.
Christian Rodriguez pitched fine innings on the mound and allowed one run on four hits while striking out eight.
Up next, the Eagles will play Santaluces High School in the Regional Quarterfinals on Friday, May 8. They are coming off a loss to Park Vista High School and are 15-11 on the season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Opening Night Win; Former State Champs Impress
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Team Soars to Regional Championship
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas’s Gaby Caro Wins 3rd Straight Regional Championship
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Teams Compete in Regional Semifinals