By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles defeated the Trojans 58-56 behind 14 points and 15 rebounds from Wesley Aerelus. Diego Rodriguez added ten and had a huge basket late after a steal while Brandon GoPaul, Nick Frazier, and Evin Jenkins combined for 24 points.
Ty Stevens also came up big for the Eagles knocking down a couple of huge three-pointers and playing terrific defense.
“Ty is just a coach’s and teammates’ dream,” said Head Coach Teddy Lyons.”Just goes about his business quietly but works his tail off. Happy he was able to play well tonight.”
The Eagles improved their record to 2-2 this year. Next, MSD will host Coral Glades, which has one win, on Monday, December 13, at 7:30 p.m.The Jaguars also won the last head-to-head meeting 72-55 in 2019.
“I wanna thank all those fans who packed the gym tonight for the first home game of the season,” said Coach Lyons. “What a great atmosphere for these kids to play in. This was a total team win tonight against a very underrated and tough Taravella team.”
The Eagles won 51-36 to move their record to 2-3 on the season. Senior Leah Dubreuze led the team with 13 points, while Ofek Gur had seven.
MSD previously had only one victory, which came against Pompano Beach High School on December 1st. The Eagles had losses against Piper, Flanagan, and Cooper City High School. Next, MSD is set to play Northeast High School in the team’s final game before the holiday break.
Tip-off is set for 6:00 on Friday, December 17th. The Hurricanes are currently 5-2 this year and have won three straight. They also won the previous matchup in 2019, 57-24.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Wins 16th Basketball Game
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Advances to Another District Final
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win