By: Matt Rothman
In one of the toughest games all season, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys lacrosse team earned a thrilling 6-5 in the District Final.
The Eagles defeated Boca Raton Community High School to earn the win after defeating West Boca Raton in the semifinals.
The Eagles jumped out to a 2-0 lead early in the game but allowed four unanswered goals. They then scored four straight to take a 6-4 lead and, despite allowing a late goal, picked up the victory.
Offensively, Jordan Sullivan had a hat-trick. Darren Edenbaum registered a goal and two assists while Preston Gerena and Ryan Deck each had one.
The win for MSD was their eighth of the season as they will head to regionals later this month.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals