By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys soccer continues to be one of the hottest teams in Broward County after a pair of victories this week.
Not only did MSD get their revenge on Coral Glades, who knocked them out of the postseason a season, they handed St. Thomas Aquinas their first loss this season on Thursday.
The Eagles had a pair of goaltenders record shutouts this week. Andrew McBride had one against the Jaguars before Victor Batista recorded a shutout against St. Thomas.
Tomer Yair and Soren Chris Jacobson had goals against Coral Glades, and Yair added the only score against St. Thomas. Jayveer Selvarai and Henrique Smith recorded assists as the Eagles have won five of their first six games for the second straight season.
Next, MSD will play Pembroke Pines Charter on Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m. They come into the game with a record of 5-1 but lost 4-1 in the only meeting a season ago.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.01.30Rocco Duygulu Wins Wrestling BCAA Championship For Marjory Stoneman Douglas; Team Finishes 4th
- News2023.01.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Advances to District Final; Both Basketball Teams Win
- News2023.01.26Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas State Champ Rolando Lujo Hits First Career College Home Run
- News2023.01.25Christian Rodriguez Named ‘Preseason All-American’ For Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball