By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team officially finished third in the State Championship on Saturday at the University of Florida at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center.
The Eagles were one of four teams to automatically qualify for the final in the Medium Non-Tumbling Division. MSD previously won the Regional Championship and competed in the BCAA Championship earlier this year.
This was also the final time for seniors Ashley Fronstin, Kylie Messmer, Anabelle Niddam, Ella Reiss, Sammy Santo, Justin Spano, Faith Weiss, and Sydney Wolfman. These seniors are all set to graduate later this year.
Bianca Barrionuevo, Taylor Bretz, Annie Cappola, Isabella Ceballos, Anabelle Civalero, Cayley Clemo, Kiera Haley, Savannah Jean, Madi Mackenzie, Lawrence Morantus, Makenna Mouttet, Kelly Salazar.
Cami Shavelson, Estella Stencel, and Maddi Winnick will return next year.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.182 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Place Third in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Water Polo Closes Regular Season With Senior Night
- News2023.03.17MSD Graduate Jesus Luzardo Records Win for Team Venezuela in World Baseball Classic
- News2023.03.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Basketball Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game