By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles, who have won back-to-back State and National Championships, head into the year looking to become the first public school in Broward County to win three straight State Championships. They’ve also won 58 games over the past two seasons and are led by an incredible pitching rotation featuring three University of Florida commits and a potent offense.
Senior Christian Rodriguez was also selected to the Perfect Game top 50 upperclassmen All-Prospect Teams. The hard-throwing right-hander was a Preseason All-American and is 18-1 in his career with an era of 1.48. He also won a Gold Medal and International Performance of the Year after his incredible job out of the bullpen for Team USA in the 2022 Baseball World Cup.
Niko Benestad was also recognized as a top prospect as an underclassman at first base. The University of South Florida commit is a lifetime .313 hitter with a home run and 28 RBIs. The Eagles are set to open up the 2023 season later this month in the Big-8 Championship as the top seed when they face Coral Springs Charter.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Moves to 10-1 With Senior Night Win
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Soccer Star Gianna Rizzo of Marjory Stoneman Douglas Announces College Pick