By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School’s football team suffered a 48-2 defeat in the Kickoff Classic against Western High School on Thursday.
Hindsley knew they faced a major challenge ahead, having only eight players with varsity experience and playing one of the premier programs in the area.
“Our kids never quit and stayed focused in the game,” Hindsley said. “We had an opportunity to play a lot of kids and get some great film on where we need to be. We have a ton of work ahead of us, and I’m excited about the season. We will absolutely get better.”
MSD is coming off an eight-win season a year ago which featured a postseason victory against Santaluces High School.
The Eagles will play their first regular season game on Thursday, August 24 against McArthur High School at 7 p.m. after they went 5-5 a season ago.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Moves to 10-1 With Senior Night Win
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Soccer Star Gianna Rizzo of Marjory Stoneman Douglas Announces College Pick