By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ varsity football team is set to play in their opening playoff games at Santaluces Community High School in Lantana on Monday, Nov. 14, at 6:30 p.m.
The Eagles are the five seed and have a record of 7-3, while the Chiefs earned the four seed after going 8-2. Marjory Stoneman Douglas is currently on a six-game win streak. During that streak, they have outscored their opponents 242-40 with wins over Coral Springs, Jupiter, Boyd H. Anderson, South Broward, Olympic Heights, and Coral Glades.
Santaluces started the season 8-2 but have lost their last two games. They fell 21-18 to Park Vista and 49-7 against Atlantic High School. This game’s winner will play either Palm Beach Central or Jupiter High School in the Semifinals.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.12.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Christian Rodriguez Awarded USA Baseball International Performance of the Year
- News2022.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball and Florida Pokers Donate to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- News2022.12.06Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Player Abbey HSU Wins Ivy League Conference Award
- News2022.12.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Finishes 4th in Opening Tournament