By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles remain one of the hottest teams in Broward County and have won four straight to push their record to 5-3.
“We physically dominated our opponent, and we made them quit,” said Head Coach Quentin Short. “We played smash mouth football, and our guys have a ton of confidence right now. We are playing for each other.”
Ryan Spallina had six rushes for 42 yards and scored four touchdowns. Clayton Cannon Jr. added 236 yards on the ground and had a score, while Justin Spano recorded 104 yards and two touchdowns. Those three players also combined for five two-point conversions, while Jake Aller made two extra points. The Eagles did not complete a pass during the game but ran for 448 yards.
Defensively, Jackson Norkunas recorded 11 tackles and had an interception. Gabriel Lenamon forced two fumbles and had eight tackles, while Tucker Jean had six, with two going for a loss.
Next, the Eagles will return home to face Olympic Heights Community High School on Friday, Oct. 28, at 7 p.m. The Lions won their opening game but have lost seven straight and scored only 23 points during their losing streak.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.01.30Rocco Duygulu Wins Wrestling BCAA Championship For Marjory Stoneman Douglas; Team Finishes 4th
- News2023.01.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Advances to District Final; Both Basketball Teams Win
- News2023.01.26Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas State Champ Rolando Lujo Hits First Career College Home Run
- News2023.01.25Christian Rodriguez Named ‘Preseason All-American’ For Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball