By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas football teams continues their incredible run on Friday with another win on Senior Night.
The Eagles have now won five straight games after beating Olympic Heights Community High School 49-0. MSD moved to 6-3 on the season and picked up their third shutout during their streak.
The Eagles also honored seniors Clayton Cannon Jr., Justin Spano, JT Spadavecchia, Leonard Cipolla, Charles Dellaira, Mikkel Smith, Tucker Jean, Stanley Raymond, Tezhib Phillip, Zachary Kracjczewski, Collin Keough, Josh Davilla, Brock Moskowitz, Gabriel Lenamon, Justin Valentin, Charles Dion, Vincent Dion, Adam Mendez, Aidan Miller, Jacob Hunter, Victor Carpa, and Troy Anderson.
“This is a special group of seniors,” said Head Coach Quentin Short, who added they were his first class as 9th graders.
Ryan Spallina threw a pair of touchdown passes and rushed for one, while Spano had a rushing touchdown along with two receiving touchdowns. William Ross also scored on a blocked punt.
Next, the Eagles will play one more regular season game before the start of the postseason against Coral Glades on Friday, Nov. 4, at 7 p.m. The Jaguars are 2-7 this year but have wins over Coral Springs High School and J.P. Taravella. However, they have dropped all ten head-to-head meetings in school history.
“We are just focused on us getting better every week, not worrying about things we can’t control and any outside noise,” Short added. “Just focused on going 1-0 every week.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship