By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles scored quickly and often as they had a historic performance from Molly Conn as she registered a hat trick within the first 40 minutes of the game.
“It made me really proud to be able to help lead my team to the district finals,” said Conn.
Emily Burke scored a pair of goals while Mia Engelbart, Raquel Alvarado, Francesca Lozano all scored.
With the big win, MSD was able to play get many girls into the game, including all four of their extremely talented freshmen, including Lily Conn, Layla Segelnick, Arizel Corniel, and Morgan Goldman, who recorded an assist on the Eagles eighth goal of the game.
“It was a great team effort tonight, and we are super excited for the opportunity to be playing for a District Title,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree.
The Eagles will play in the District Final against Coral Glades on Monday, February 8 at 5 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Lacrosse Off to Outstanding 3-1 Start
- News2021.02.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Incredible Run Ends at States
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Victorious in Regionals, Advance to States