By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles scored quickly and often as they had a historic performance from Molly Conn as she registered a hat trick within the first 40 minutes of the game.
“It made me really proud to be able to help lead my team to the district finals,” said Conn.
Emily Burke scored a pair of goals while Mia Engelbart, Raquel Alvarado, Francesca Lozano all scored.
With the big win, MSD was able to play get many girls into the game, including all four of their extremely talented freshmen, including Lily Conn, Layla Segelnick, Arizel Corniel, and Morgan Goldman, who recorded an assist on the Eagles eighth goal of the game.
“It was a great team effort tonight, and we are super excited for the opportunity to be playing for a District Title,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree.
The Eagles will play in the District Final against Coral Glades on Monday, February 8 at 5 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended