By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls soccer team is returning to the District Championship again following a dominant performance on Thursday against J.P. Taravella.
Layla Segelnick had another incredible game, recording her second straight hat-trick after posting on Senior Night. Gianna Rizzo and Grace Dykstra each scored two goals while Breanna McWilliams and Alexa Jourdan netted one.
“I am proud of the energy the team played with tonight, and we are excited to be playing in district finals tomorrow,head coach Laura Rountree said
MSD will now play in the Championship Game against Coral Glades as the Jaguars beat Coral Springs High School 1-0 in their semifinal game on Thursday. They played Coral Glades on November 28 and beat them 8-0. Kickoff is set Friday, January 26, at 4 p.m. at Coral Glades High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments