By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys soccer team is back in the District Championship following a win on Friday over J.P. Taravella.
The Eagles, who came into the postseason as the top seed after winning five games during the regular season, won 4-0 over JPT. The Trojans previously beat Coral Springs High School in the Regional Quarterfinal and finished the season 3-7-2, while the Colts went 6-7-3.
Next, MSD will play Monarch High School in the District Championship. The Knights are the second seed in the bracket and beat Coral Glades 4-2 in the semifinals. These teams met earlier this year, with MSD winning 2-0, but Monarch won all three meetings last year, including the District Final and Regional Quarterfinal. Kickoff is set for Monday, January 29, at 4 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments