By Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls soccer team recorded their second straight win on Friday with a 3-2 victory over Spanish River Community High School.
“When you play a talented and well-coached team like Spanish River, you feel fortunate to get a win,” Head Coach Laura Rountree said. “I was proud of my girls as they hung on under some high pressure to close out the game.”
The Eagles received goals from Grace Dykstra, Brenna Gordon, and Emily Rodriguez. Gianna Rizzo up Dykstra’s goal on a corner while Morgan Goldman had an assist on Gordon’s goal. MSD will have nearly two weeks off before playing Coral Glades on November 28 at 7 p.m. The Jaguars are 3-0-1 this season but lost both meetings against MSD last season, including the District Playoffs. The junior varsity also had a dominant 8-0 win over Spanish River Community High School on Friday.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win