By: Matt Rothman
The Original Florida Pokers continue to be one of the most dominant teams in the country.
The team plans to hold tryouts for the 2025-2027 seasons on December 9-10 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
Additionally, several players have recently committed to playing college baseball with Dane Rossi, and 11 have signed their National Letter of Intent.
Rossi, a senior, is set to attend Indian River State College following his senior season at American Heritage High School.
He thanked his family, coaches, and teammates for helping him get to where he is, as well as the Indian River coaching staff for the opportunity.
The Pokers also had nearly a dozen seniors make their signing official with Niko Benestad, Alex Rodriguez, Jayden Dubandewicz, Rylan Lujo, Alejandro Sardinas, Jason Wachs, Ethan Askin, Anthony Quigley, EJ Burns and Javi Miranda.
Their coach, Todd Fitz’s-Gerald, was also named the new Director of Baseball Operations. Program founder Mike Roberts held this position from 1990 – 2012. Fitz Gerald will also serve as 14u and 17u Head Coach during the summer of 2024 and has won three straight State and four National Championships with the MSD baseball team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win