By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball player Cameron Ulinski is officially set to play college volleyball at D’Youville University while competing in the BCAA All-Star Game.
A captain this year at MSD, Ulinski, who grew up in Bretton, Germany, says signing with the Buffalo, NY university feels amazing.
“Signing was an awesome feeling, a feeling of accomplishment,” Ulinski said. “I knew this was something God had planned out for me, and I am so happy with my decision.”
Ulinski began playing volleyball in Germany when she was in fourth grade. She moved to Parkland when she was 16, played for two years on the varsity team, and competed for the Tribe Volleyball Club.
This season, Ulinski played in 58 sets and recorded 141 kills. She also had 21 aces, ten blocks, and 58 digs, while the team went 14-6 this year. The Eagles reached the District Final and advanced to Regionals before losing to Cypress Bay High School. She also got to play in one final match in high school in the BCAA Tournament alongside teammates Marianna Mateus and Camila Mercer.
Ulinski didn’t have the chance to play college volleyball in Germany. When the opportunity came after moving to the United States, Ulinski felt she had made the right choice after her official visit, where she met with the team and coaching staff.
“The location close to friends and family in Canada also played an important role in my decision,” Ulinski added. “Finally, the generous offer they made made it financially possible to go there.”
Ulinsksi hopes to get quicker and stronger before playing for D’Youville University. They went 7-18 this past season after only winning four matches in 2022.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win