By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas softball team is on their way to the District Semifinal following their impressive victory 16-1 over Santaluces High School.
The Eagles registered 15 hits offensively as Katie Pecaul, Jessie Maggee, and Victoria Diaz all had three hits. Magee drove in four runs while Pecaut and Diaz each had a triple.
Julia Van Arsdale, who got the win on the mound, also contributed with an RBI, and Georgia Krillies, Olivia Alvarez, and Isabella Silva knocked in runs.
This win brings their total to seven this season as they will now play Spanish River Community High School, with the winner advancing to the final on Tuesday, April 27 at 5 p.m.
Spanish River is currently 12-4 this year and defeated Santaluces 18-3 in their last win.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft