By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman girl’s lacrosse continued their phenomenal season by defeating Naples High School 10-8 on the road to move to 5-0 on the season.
Lauren Figas led the team with five goals. The Eagles also had goals from Chantal Jimenez and Sammy Fisher as well as three of the four attackers in Carli Fleisher, Sara Dorfman, Skylar Gerena. Alexa Kitaygorodsky had three assists in the game.
The defense also played extremely solid, according to Head Coach Kristina Stein. Kenya Warner played well in net making eight saves in what was a team win.
“Naples was a great team, strong competitor and rival,” said Stein. “They got us last year, so we came to play. This was our most exciting game of the season, and our girls just came together at the right time tonight.”
While MSD won their first four games outscoring scoring 73 goals and shutting out Leonard, Spanish River, and West Boca Raton High School. They also beat Boca Raton High School 18-7 on February 24 before they beat Naples on Friday night.
Up next, the Eagles will travel to Park Vista Community High School in Lake Worth on Wednesday, March 4, at 6 p.m. before returning to Parkland for a matchup with Cooper City High School on March 10 at 5 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.26Stealth 2026 Lacrosse Team Ranks 13th in the Nation
- News2021.07.22Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cameron Harris to Join Former Teammate in College
- News2021.07.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas State Champ Sammy Beir Commits to University