By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman girl’s lacrosse continued their phenomenal season by defeating Naples High School 10-8 on the road to move to 5-0 on the season.
Lauren Figas led the team with five goals. The Eagles also had goals from Chantal Jimenez and Sammy Fisher as well as three of the four attackers in Carli Fleisher, Sara Dorfman, Skylar Gerena. Alexa Kitaygorodsky had three assists in the game.
The defense also played extremely solid, according to Head Coach Kristiana Stein. Kenya Warner played well in net making eight saves in what was a team win.
“Naples was a great team, strong competitor and rival,” said Stein. “They got us last year, so we came to play. This was our most exciting game of the season, and our girls just came together at the right time tonight.”
While MSD won their first four games outscoring scoring 73 goals and shutting out Leonard, Spanish River, and West Boca Raton High School. They also beat Boca Raton High School 18-7 on February 24 before they beat Naples on Friday night.
Up next, the Eagles will travel to Park Vista Community High School in Lake Worth on Wednesday, March 4, at 6 p.m. before returning to Parkland for a matchup with Cooper City High School on March 10 at 5 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.03.22Frais Becomes First Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestler to Place at States since 2011
- Schools2020.03.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s and Girl’s Tennis Making a Positive Impact for the Community
- News2020.03.11Lujo Hits Walk-Off in Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Baseball Victory
- News2020.03.11Figas Continues to Shine Helping Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girl’s Lacrosse to 7-0 Start