By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles had a crazy regular season with multiple games canceled due to COVID-19 and came into the playoffs as the five seed. They won three straight games to earn a District Championship. MSD started by beating Coral Springs High School 6-3 in the opening round. After that, the Eagles defeated the top-seeded Deerfield Beach 2-1 in overtime.
In the championship game, MSD received a tremendous job from their backline and their goalkeeper, Bruno De Falco, while Gabe Gersberg scored the lone goal in regulation before Irimi scored in overtime.
For Head Coach Christian Chacon, it was his first District Championship with MSD after they fell last year to the Jaguars. For him, this win meant a lot to him and his players.
“It feels great but especially for the boys,” Coach Chacon said. “I am so happy for them, and they worked hard, and they gave everything they had, and it paid off, and they got the win.”
MSD moved to 7-3 on the season after starting the season 0-2. They will have some time off as they prepare for regionals and hope to make a long run later this month.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft