By: Matt Rothman
The boys and girls soccer teams at Marjory Stoneman Douglas have both secured the top spots in the district championship after impressive seasons.
The boys went 5-5-2 and will have a bye in the opening round of the postseason. The Eagles had won this year over Deerfield Beach, Monarch, Cardinal Gibbons, South Plantation, and Coral Springs High School.
They will play the winner of Coral Springs High School and J.P. Taravella on Friday, January 26, at 7 p.m.
The other side of the bracket features the reigning two-time District Champions in Monarch High School, who will be playing third-seeded Coral Glades, with the semifinal winners set to play in the Championship Game on January 31 at 7 p.m.
The girls went 10-1-2 this year to earn the top seed and had their only loss against American Heritage High School in their first game. MSD has scored 51 goals and has allowed only six.
They will have a bye before taking on the winner of J.P. Taravella and Monarch High School for a matchup on Friday, January 26 at 7 p.m. Coral Glades and Coral Springs High School will play in the other semifinals, with the final set for January 31 at 7 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments