By Ryan Yousefi
The Parkland Buddy Sports organization has scheduled an upcoming pickleball tournament to raise support for its programs dedicated to individuals with special needs.
Play registration fees are $65 per person or $130 per team. All levels of play are welcome for players over the age of 16.
To register, click here. Space is limited, so event coordinators ask that you RSVP by Friday, February 16, to guarantee a spot on the courts.
The Parkland Buddy Sports, a non-profit group, has been instrumental in providing sports programs, special events, and activities designed specifically for children and young adults with special needs. The organization’s initiatives offer invaluable experiences that promote inclusivity, skill development, and social interaction for participants.
Parkland Buddy Sports also offers a platform for high school students in the South Florida tri-county area to volunteer, allowing them to impact their community positively.
The Pickleball Invitational generates funds to support Parkland Buddy Sports’ ongoing programs and events. The organization says that all the registration fees collected go directly towards expanding its offerings for individuals with special needs and creating more volunteer opportunities for local students.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 25, 2024Westglades Speech and Debate Team Take Home 28 Awards at Mast 6 Tournament
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024MSD Students Dance for a Cause at Annual Charity Marathon Benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Deadline Approaching: Parkland Announces Scholarships for 2024 Seniors
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Registration Now Open for the Parkland Buddy Sports Pickleball Invitational