By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through June 6, 2022.
NW 81st Ter.
A 47-year-old female was the victim of Auto Theft on 5/31/22. An unknown person entered the victim’s vehicle and drove off. The victim was in possession of the key fob, which was recently changed due to a previous theft. Vehicle recovered via satellite system at 2944 NW 55th Ave. in Lauderhill.
NW 59th Ct.
A 59-year-old male was the victim of Auto Theft on 06/04/2022. The victim last observed his vehicle parked in his driveway on 6/3/22. When he went outside to walk the dog, he noticed his 2021 Gray Maserati was missing from the driveway. Upon further investigation, the victim realized he had left the key fob to his vehicle inside. According to the GPS, the car was located at 5659 NW 98th Lane, Coral Springs. Deputies responded to the area and found the car, which was unoccupied.
NW 99th Way
On 06/05/2022, the victim alleged that his ex-girlfriend, with whom he has two children, slapped him twice against his will. The suspect was gone upon the arrival of deputies.
NW 91st Ave.
On 06/02/2022, a married couple argued over a missing briefcase, finances, and infidelity.
5901 Pine Island Rd.
On 06/01/2022, Marjory Stoneman Douglas students advised they had stomach pains and possibly ate something that made them sick. Coral Springs Fire Rescue responded to assess students. Children were picked up and taken home.
On 06/03/22, an end-of-the-year inventory check revealed two lost Apple iPads at a property. The location was not disclosed.
On 06/03/2022, BAT Team observed suspects taking mail from mailboxes. The mail contained a personal check—suspects were taken into custody by BAT Team and were charged with multiple mail thefts.
Keno Sewel Jr., 22, was charged with Theft in Parkland on 06/03/2022.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 award-winning news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.10.04Former Somerset Parkland Academy Principal Criminally Charged in Guns Case
- News2022.10.03Parkland Crime Update: Louis Vuitton Items Stolen in Car Burglary
- News2022.09.25Parkland Crime Update: Theft and Graffiti Damage
- News2022.09.20Parkland Observes ‘Banned Books Week’ Amid State Crackdown on Reading Materials