By Cassandra Spohn
The City of Parkland is holding a special Memorial Day Ceremony to honor all Americans who made the supreme sacrifice with their unselfish devotion in order to defend our heritage of liberty and justice for all.
Keynote speakers are Beth Agami, a Gold Star Mother to Army Spc. Daniel Agami, killed in action while serving in Iraq, and Chairman and Founder Rick Asper, J.D., Chairman of Honor Flight South Florida, which flies veterans to Washington D.C. at no cost to visit and reflect at the memorials built in their honor.
Following the ceremony will be a patriotic concert performed by the 13th Army Band, which dates back to 1930 when it was organized as the band section of the 265th Coast Artillery in Miami.
Dinner will be available for purchase at the onsite Food Trucks. The free Memorial Day Ceremony takes place at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, May 30, at the Pine Trails Park Amphitheater located at 10561 Trails End.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Cassandra Spohn graduated from Otterbein University obtaining her degree in media relations and dance. She moved to south Florida in 2014 and now resides in Parkland with her husband and daughter.
- Events2021.07.29Calling all Vendors for ‘Sip and Shop’ Parkland Event this Holiday Season
- News2021.07.26Forward March with the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment
- Events2021.07.20Parkland Brings “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” to Movies in the Park
- News2021.07.20Eats ‘n Beats Returns and Rocks Out with Flakeys Gang