By Ryan Yousefi
A Parkland man faces battery and assault with deadly weapon charges after a victim reported to law enforcement he had beaten and held a gun to her head.
Upon arrival, the report indicates the victim told deputies that a man, later identified as Jaime Gilberto Garcia, 52, of Parkland, allegedly attacked, assaulted, and threatened her with a rifle during an argument four days prior on May 20.
The victim told BSO deputies that during a heated verbal dispute, Garcia had forcefully grabbed her arms and thrown her down against the floor, causing what the report described as visible bruises on her right upper arm, left side of the chin, right shoulder, and left lower leg.
According to the victim, following the assault, Garcia escalated the situation by allegedly following her into the kitchen while wielding what she described as a hunting rifle.
The victim claims Garcia placed the firearm against the right side of her head, declaring that he was “done with her,” before eventually walking away and leaving the residence, allowing the victim enough time to escape unharmed.
The report also indicates that at least two young children were in the home during the altercation but were left unharmed.
BSO deputies took photographs of the victim’s visible injuries as evidence. The victim told deputies that initially believing she was OK, she drove herself to the Boca West Hospital on May 22 for treatment for her injuries sustained during the assault.
Jaime Garcia was later located, taken into custody, and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Register Now for the 3rd Annual ‘Make Our Schools Safe’ Golf Classic
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Broward County School Board Chair Lori Alhadeff Invites Community to Educational Resource Event
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland Buddy Sports Launches 12th Annual 8-Week Running Buddies Program
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland’s Parents Night Out Includes Halloween Bounce Party for Kids October 6