By: Sharon Aron Baron
Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky has been appointed co-chair of the Small Cities Forum of the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
According to a statement by Bryan K. Barnett, President of the United States Conference of Mayors, he is thankful for Hunschofsky’s ongoing commitment to the conference and appreciates her continued desire to actively engage in our organization.
“I know that you will help the U.S. Conference of Mayors develop a proactive, strategic agenda through this forum,” said Barnett in a letter to the mayor.
Other co-chairs include James Diossa, Mayor of Central Falls, Rhode Island, and Timothy C. McDonough, Mayor of Hope, New Jersey.
A Task Force is created by the President of the Conference of Mayors to address individual issues requiring the immediate attention of a select group of mayors. Task Force recommendations are submitted to the organization as a whole and generally serve as the basis for the Conference of Mayors policy positions.
The majority of the members of the U.S. Conference of Mayors are small and medium-sized cities. Last year the Small Cities Forum, a task force of the Conference of Mayors, was established to ensure these cities continue to contribute to the Conference of Mayors.
Tom Cochran, CEO and Executive Director of the Conference of Mayors, said the Small Cities Forum attendance has grown significantly from when it was established last year.
“We all know that today’s cities small, medium, and large have common problems,” said Cochran. “It is the history and heritage of our organization that each city and each mayor has equal representation.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2021.07.29Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- Events2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- Events2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31