By: Sharon Aron Baron
While walking near the Interfaith Ceremony at Pine Trails Park to commemorate the victims of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas school shooting, two people were struck by a vehicle.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, around 5 p.m. on February 14, a man and a woman were attempting to cross the street at the 7400 block of Pine Island Road near the where the ceremony was being held in Parkland, when they were struck. Their injuries are not life threatening.
The driver remained on scene, and the investigation continues.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Anthony Rizzo’s 12th Annual Walk-Off for Cancer Raises Over $1.3 Million
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Parkland’s Farmers’ Market Includes Craft Fair on Sunday
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Holiday Bingo Event Support’s Baseball’s Team’s 2024 Trip to Cooperstown
- NewsNovember 22, 2023SOS Children’s Villages Florida’s ‘The White Ball’ Gala Raises Record $750K for Foster Care Children