By Sharon Aron Baron
Slots are still available for an un-fore-getable golf tournament raising money to fight cancer.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, and Coconut Creek is holding their first annual “Swing Fore A Cure” Golf Event on Saturday, May 22, 2021, at The Country Club of Coral Springs, and organizers still have space for more foursomes.
“The American Cancer Society’s mission matters more than ever,” said Event Lead Chris Fletcher.
After being diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2019, he has been cancer-free for over a year.
“Cancer patients still need support during this crisis,” he said. “Funds raised help the American Cancer Society to continue with cancer research, the 24/7 helpline, and for continuing services to get patients the care and support they need where we can.”
Register to play at www.swingforeacure.com. Included are a round of golf, lunch, games on the course, great raffle prizes, and a silent auction of sports memorabilia featuring a Titan FC VIP experience at the Intercontinental Miami on July 2. The package includes dinner, drinks, and a suite at the Intercontinental Hotel Miami.
A foursome is $600, and an individual is $150. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m., followed by a boxed lunch and a putting contest, and then a shotgun start at 1:00 p.m.
The winner of the putting contest will receive a 7-night resort stay package. The longest drive and closest to the pin will receive 2 VIP tickets to a sporting event of their choice.
Hole-in-one prizes include $10,000, a Yeti Tundra 75 hard cooler, Scotty Cameron putter, and an Apple iPad.
Raffle prizes will include a shot for $1 million, and four people will take a shot for $100,000.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development