By Kevin Maher
In Jacob’s Shoes is hosting its first shopping boutique, which benefits local children.
The boutique will be held on Thursday, April 27, from 5 to 8:30 p.m. at Congregation Kol Tikvah, located at 6750 University Dr. 100 percent of the proceeds will be used to purchase new shoes for local children in need.
The event is free to attend, but with a $20 donation, you will receive five raffle tickets towards various prizes. Various vendors will sell their wares at the event, including Blake’s Bowls, Mary Kay, UpCycled by JL, and more. The event includes food and drinks as well.
In Jacob’s Shoes is a non-profit charity formed in honor of Jacob S. Zweig. Zweig was tragically killed in 2008 at age 17, but inspired many during his life, mainly through volunteering.
The charity provides new and gently used shoes, socks, backpacks, athletic gear, and school supplies to children and families in need in South Florida. The organization has provided over 200,000 shoes and 40,000 socks during its existence, according to its website.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- NewsApril 20, 2023Shop for a Cause: In Jacob’s Shoes Hosts First Shopping Boutique to Benefit Local Children in Need
- NewsApril 11, 2023Shop for a Cause: In Jacob’s Shoes Hosts First Shopping Boutique to Benefit Local Children in Need
- NewsApril 5, 2023Shop for a Cause: In Jacob’s Shoes Hosts First Shopping Boutique to Benefit Local Children in Need
- NewsMarch 29, 2023Pickleball Tournament Registration Now Open for Parkland Buddy Sports