By Ryan Yousefi
Sheriff Gregory Tony and the Broward Sheriff’s Office invite the community to a free event aimed at helping Parkland residents fight against prescription drug abuse and identity theft at its next Shred-a-Thon event.
The event is part of the Broward County Sheriff’s Office Operation Medicine Cabinet, which aims to bring unused, unwanted, or expired prescription drugs to a safe place for disposal.
By participating, you’ll not only be helping to prevent prescription drug abuse, but you’ll also receive a $5 gift card while supplies last.
The dual-purpose event is on Saturday, April 22, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Parkland Equestrian Center located at 8350 Ranch Road.
BSO is offering this three-hour opportunity to clean out medicine cabinets and shred any documents that contain sensitive information to help to keep the community safe from the harms of accidental drug overdose and identity theft — a crime on the rapid rise.
Please note that needles or sharp objects will not be collected, and gift cards will only be given when turning in prescription medications.
On the same day, the Broward Country Sheriff’s Office will also be conducting a Shred-a-Thon to help the community shred away identity theft by safely disposing of sensitive documents.
Residents are invited to bring up to two boxes of shreddable documents per vehicle. Boxes may be no larger than 16”L x12W” x1 2H.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Register Now for the 3rd Annual ‘Make Our Schools Safe’ Golf Classic
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Broward County School Board Chair Lori Alhadeff Invites Community to Educational Resource Event
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland Buddy Sports Launches 12th Annual 8-Week Running Buddies Program
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland’s Parents Night Out Includes Halloween Bounce Party for Kids October 6