By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Education Foundation has now set up an additional Town Hall closer to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School to discuss how the money that was donated after the school tragedy will be distributed.
During the town hall meeting, fund administrators will explain the Draft Protocol and the claim submission process. Potential claimants and the general public are invited to attend the town hall to provide input and comments. Information collected from these group meetings, various communications and correspondence between the claimants, other interested parties and the fund administrators will be considered in finalizing the Final Protocol.
With more than $6.5 million donated to the Stoneman Douglas Victim’s fund, the funds will soon be distributed, the Town Hall in the City of Coral Springs will be a more central location to better accommodate the families of Parkland and Coral Springs.
The 90-minute town hall meeting is at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17 at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts.
“We had two town halls already and have received some very valuable feedback on these Draft Protocols,” said former U.S. Senator George LeMieux, chair of the steering committee. “If anyone cannot attend this town hall in Coral Springs, they can still provide feedback and suggestions online. We want to provide the greatest amount of help possible to the largest number of people.”
In the aftermath of the mass-shooting that occurred in Parkland on February 14, the Broward Education Foundation set up the victims fund on GoFundMe to maximize resources and ensure a victim-centered, transparent distribution process of donations.
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.16FSU College of Medicine Holds Virtual Summer Institute for High School Students
- Events2021.01.15Parkland Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with Special Tribute
- Crime & Safety2021.01.14Parkland Crime Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.13Bill Filed to Rename Conservation Area in Memory of Environmental Champion Kristin Jacob