By: Sharon Aron Baron
Parkland Golf & Country Cub residents who woke up to the sound of police activity, including a helicopter early Tuesday morning, weren’t dreaming.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a report of a suspicious male pulling car-door handles around 12:58 a.m. They found a suspect in a Volvo SUV, however, he drove off after bailing from the vehicle which turned out to be stolen from the same neighborhood. The suspect remains at large and the SUV was returned to its owner.
Residents reported hearing the commotion until 3 a.m. According to BSO spokesperson Joy Oglesby, they aren’t clear if there is one or two suspects, nor were there any other reported car burglaries.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.17Stolen Vehicle and Phone Scam this week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.09.15C.A.R.E. South Florida Holds Kick-Off Event Supporting Small Business
- Crime & Safety2020.09.11Owners of 3 Stolen Vehicles in Parkland Left Key Fobs Inside
- News2020.09.10Coral Springs Police Officers Foundation Announce their 2020 Scholarship Winners