By: Sharon Aron Baron
Beginning today, Broward County Public Schools have opened the School Choice application window for the 2018/19 school year where parents can apply online for a school reassignments, Nova and magnet programs.
During this window lasting through February 7, 2018, parents are encouraged to explore all of the District’s School Choice options available for their families. The School Choice application window provides an opportunity to apply for a magnet school, Nova school or a school reassignment.
Whether you apply December 1 or February 7, you still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school, and if there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Keep in mind that magnet and Nova schools provide bus service, and a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools and apply online beginning December 1, 2017, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level and by individual school name.
Want to apply to Coral Springs Charter School? First preference will be given to Coral Springs residents. Applications are accepted to the 6 grade – 12th grade school each year from February 15 – March 15. The application is found here: Coral Springs Charter School.
For assistance with Broward County Public Schools School Choice, parents and guardians can contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Department at 754-321-2480.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.12Parkland Brings “Moana” to Free Movies in the Park Night
- News2021.06.09University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.09Parkland Resident and Co-Owner of Doris Italian Market Wins Triathlon
- News2021.06.05Girl Scouts Thank the Community in the Most Generous Way: With Cookies