By: Matt Rothman
It may not be how the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys lacrosse team had ended up, but their memorable season came to an end in Regionals.
The Eagles finished two games short of a run to the State Finals after falling against the number two ranked team in the State in Jupiter High School.
MSD lacrosse finished the season with an 8-6 record; however, they won a pair of postseason games and have an extremely young core.
Freshman Darren Edenbaum led the team with 39 goals. Preston Gerena was sensational this year as the Eagles will return their top scorers in Jordan Sullivan, Ryan Deck, Ty Stevens, and Ryan Patton next season.
“Our team is only going to get better, and I am going to do whatever it takes to lead the team to a championship,” Edenbaum said.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals